Another Sunrise is a nonprofit organization that provides evidence based and Trauma informed Mental Health care to at risk youth in a residential home-like environment. Our Mission is to provide homes for children between 12-18 years old, currently in out of home placement and require services in a Qualified Residential Treatment Program. Our staff are passionate, trauma informed advocates for the children in our care, as each child has an advocate assigned to them, this helps to start the journey of trust, companionship, relationship building and the healing of traumas children have endured before arriving at Another Sunrise.
We Partner with existing Mental Health providers to give a wide range of care options, that will help bridge the gap affecting Mental Health Care in Colorado within the Minority, LGBTQ and Rural communities, where there are little to no Mental Health resources available! We believe in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the thought process of P.A.E.D - Perception, Association, Evaluation, Decision, when it comes to helping our children understand themselves and their behaviors, we understand that every decision starts with the perception the child has of the world around them.
In 2022, 56 Colorado teens and 17 Colorado children lost their lives to suicide, We believe that with culturally conscious trauma informed staff and more one on one interactions with behavioral professionals as advocates, in a real home setting with a strong focus on family reunification, we can change our children's perception and hope for a brighter future!!
- Healing Trauma in our Youth and community
- Family reunification
- Address the lack of resources in Rural and Minority communities starting with El Paso County
- Offer an alternative to jails, hospitals and larger facilities
- Provide care in a home like environment from Psychiatrists, Therapists and other Licensed Behavioral Health Professionals
- Use a non-institutional approach to caring for children whose behavioral health needs cannot be met in a family-based setting, including Foster care.
- Community engagement for children to feel connected to and a sense of contribution and belonging
- Provide a range of treatment options that fit each child's individual need